Effective studies are studies that embody and support the scientific method. It is important that all stakeholders (writers, readers and researchers, publishers, referees and editors) in this point must comply with the standards for ethical principles. Within the framework of the Journal of Innovative Science and Engineering (JISE) publication, all stakeholders are expected to carry out the following ethical responsibilities.
Authors' Ethical Responsibilities
1. The work submitted for publication must have not been published in another journal or submitted at the same time. Each application can be started following the completion of the previous application. Published work in another journal cannot be sent to JISE.
2. Author (s) cannot have their work in the application process of more than one journal at the same time. Each application can be started following the completion of the previous application. Published work in another magazine cannot be sent to the journal.
3. Author (s) are required to make use of and / or quote in a complete and accurate way in order to benefit from other studies or to use other studies. In writing citation and bibliography, the APA 6 editorial guidelines should be considered.
4. Author (s) are aware of that of all submissions are screened by a similarity detection software at any point during the peer-review or publication process.
5. If all work submitted for publication is to constitute a conflict of interest, and if relevant, should be indicated.
6. The editor (s) may request raw data on their framing of evaluation processes; in such a case the author (s) should be ready to submit the expected data and information to the editorial board.
7. The author (s) has an obligation to cooperate with the editor in informing, correcting or withdrawing the journal editor or publisher if he / she finds a mistake or error related to his / her early published or evaluation work.
8. The author (s) must have evidence that they have the necessary permissions including ethical council permission if necessary for the use rights of the data used, research / measurement tools / analyzes.
9. Authors are responsible for their manuscripts' conformity to ethical rules. If the work has been done after ethics committee approval, any necessary permission documents from local and international ethic committees must also be sent with the manuscript, and the author should ensure that the manuscript contains a statement that the work has been approved by the ethics committee.
10. All financial supports should be mentioned in the “Acknowledgements” section.
11. Responsibilities of statements or opinions expressed in the manuscripts published in JISE solely belong to the author(s).
Referees' Ethical Responsibilities
1. They accept only to evaluate the work related to the field of expertise.
2. They should evaluate within impartiality and confidentiality.
3. If author (s) think that they are confronted with a conflict of interest during the evaluation process, they should refuse to examine the work and inform the editor of the journal.
5. Assessment should be done objectively only with respect to the content of the work. Nationality, gender, religious beliefs, political beliefs and commercial concerns should not allow it to influence the evaluation.
6. Use a polite language when making an assessment. Avoid humiliating personal interpretations of hostility, slander and insults.
7. The evaluation should be carried out on time and on the above ethical responsibility
Editors' Ethical Responsibilities
1. All publications are judged on the basis of their intellectual content, regardless of the author's gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenship and political values.
2. Personal information about the articles is kept confidential.
3. The conflict of interest observed regarding the article must be explained.
4. The Editorial Board assumes the responsibility to make publishing decisions for the submitted articles, based on the evaluation of the candidate's articles, the editorial board policies of the journal, and the legally prohibited items against plagiarism and copyright infringement.